The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of the USA has joined forces with Donate Life America to increase donations of organs, eyes and life-saving tissue.
The need is paramount. Currently, nearly 124,000 men, women and children are awaiting organ transplants in the United States as of May 2015, according to the Donate Life America website, donatelife.net. Only 29,532 Organ Transplants were performed in 2014, and even fewer -- 14,414 -- organ donations had been made in 2014.
We Elks Members can help close the gap!
- Approximately 77,633 Multicultural Patients*
- Approximately 2,146 Pediatric Patients*
- 29,532 Organ Transplants Performed in 2014
- 14,414 Organ Donors in 2014
- More than 47,000 corneas were transplanted in 2013
- More than 1 million tissue transplants are done each year and the surgical need for tissue has been steadily rising.
*as of May 2015
For information on how to register as a donor, log onto the website donatelife.net.